It’s an interesting time to be a local in the Sydney residential property market, whether or not you have your funds tied up in brick and mortar in the Sydney marketplace, the reality is that it looks a very interesting market already.
With every New Year, there brings a new potential vendor looking to sell with a renewed sense of purpose. There is always a build-up in confidence and momentum as we enter the Autumn selling season…let me assure you it is off and running early in 2017.
The market is buoyant, but importantly, we are seeing signs of the ability to absorb further listings and still be able to achieve outstanding results for vendors, this is evident based on the strength of overall buyer enquiries being fielded in the office and the increase in listing enquiries which are being received for both on and off the market transactions.
I expect that there will be a larger influx of properties to hit the market late March with Easter holidays not taking off until mid-April in 2017. All that said, there is no time like the present to get your property out into the market-place and ready for sale.
- Speak to your preferred agent about selling – The Property Lab provides you with a boutique agency solution for your specific needs and to maximise the potential price you can get
- Take on board any advice about preparing your property for sale
- Mentally prepare yourself for selling – this can be a tricky time
- Declutter and put anything into storage that you need to so potential owners can see themselves living there and not just see how you live there
- A fresh lick of paint can work wonders to freshen up a home
- Consider using a stylist to stage your home and maximise your sale price potential
There is a healthy appetite for residential property at the moment and personally, look forward to the months ahead